Thursday, December 01, 2005

Sony gets lump of coal...


I've been following a story on one of my favorite RSS feeded news sources , boingboing.net , regarding Sony/BMG and their apparent blatant disregard for their customers.

Long story short: If you purchased any of these CD's [eff.org] and played them on your computer (PC only, I think) you may have installed a program that essentially acts like a virus. Yep, that's a very bad thing. This program that is meant to act as "copy-protection technology" not only hinders what you do with music that you bought, but also opens up your internet connected computer to all sorts of malicious activity and is very difficult to remove.

Yay! Corporations! Capitalists do it Ruthlessy! [catandgirl.com]

Link to BoingBoing's extensive coverage : Here. [boingboing.net]

One less company to buy from this chrismahanukwanzakah or festivus season.

x_X

ps-someone called me a dork once
pps-I so want that cat and girl shirt!
|